Wednesday, October 01, 2008

It's fall already

I know it's October already and the weather is the way it is supposed to be, at least in Czechia, but I don't like it. When I was in the U.S. I didn't miss cold mornings, rainy and windy days in September. Sure, they will come in any places where the weather changes, and there are countries with really bad weather , such as Ireland and Great Britain, however these cold days come to the Czech Republic pretty early for my taste. You guys in the New York metropolitan area and even Grandmom in Ohio are having such nice days. Well, it may be foggy, but at least it is not cold. Since I have my weather Internet tool on my screen, I can check the temperatures every day. Therefore I know that the temperatures there are above 60 F during nights and around 70 F during days, but on the other hand, the temperatures here have been around 40 F at night and 50 F during days since the second week of September. What a cold!!! We have already had to turn our heater on. Yes, we had two days of Indian summer last weekend, but that was it. It is very windy, gloomy with a few showers, and the temperature is supposed to drop below the freezing point on Sunday. Brr!!! This weather is in contrast to last year's fall weather in Bayonne and New York. I remember wearing my shorts, T-shirts and flip-flops until the middle of October. Well, I cannot change the weather. Nonetheless I can have my warm memories of better days.
Leaves have already turned yellow in our backyard as you can see on pictures below. That is a view from our bedroom window.